College is a good idea
Going to college is a good idea. Let’s break that statement down a bit, though.
- By 2018, you’ll need some college training for 62% of the jobs in Vermont.
- On average, people with two-year college degrees make 36% more than people with high school degrees.
- During the most recent recession, the employment rate for people with college degrees was 9% higher than the rate for people holding only a high school diploma.
But enough with the statistics and boring stuff.Why is college a good idea? It’s really pretty simple.
- When it comes to working, you’ll want to be able to choose what you want to do instead of just getting any job because you’re not qualified for the one you want.
- When it comes to the paycheck, you’ll want to be able to get your bills paid, set something aside for a rainy day, and maybe get yourself something nice, instead of just getting by, period.
- When it comes to hard times, you want to be the person the company can’t afford to let go, because well, you’re just that good.
But really what it comes down to is this: In most cases, having more opportunities and earning more money translates into a higher quality of life. And the best way to get there is through college.