Get what you deserve and attend college classes for free: Earn college credit in high school!
As a hard working Vermont high school junior or senior, you are eligible for two Dual Enrollment vouchers, each good for one free college course. And the free credits earned at CCV also count as credit towards graduation from high school.
It’s called Dual Enrollment because your free college courses will also earn you credit towards graduation from high school.
Claim your voucher today and start college at Community College of Vermont (CCV) now!
Sign Up & Get Going
- Talk with your school counselor about dual enrollment.
- Check out the course schedule and choose a class that interests you and that fits with your personal learning plan.
- Create a student account and then request your Dual Enrollment voucher. You’ll need this to get the free tuition.
- If you are new to CCV, apply for admission. CCV’s admissions process is simple and free, and you can apply online. (You’ll need your social security number to complete the application form.)
- Connect with a CCV advisor to enroll in classes meeting at CCV.
Wondering what classes to take at CCV with your dual enrollment voucher? Make sure to select a course that will be approved by your high school counselor. Also, consider picking a course that will transfer easily to any college as part of your general education requirements or choose a course in a field you might want for a career or a major when you go to college. Below is the list of most popular CCV courses for high school students last year:
- English Comp
- Drawing I
- Statistics (there are lots of other math courses, College Algebra, Basic Math, that almost made the list as well)
- Intro to Psych
- Dimensions (I combined the two, although Freedom was much more popular)
- Human Growth and Development
- Anatomy & Physiology
There are also other ways to get a head-start on college through the Vermont Dual Enrollment Program, including:
- Fast Forward Program through your local career & technical center
- Vermont Academy of Science and Technology (VAST)
- University of Vermont Guaranteed Admissions Program
- Detailed information on Dual Enrollment and participating colleges (VSC)
- Community College of Vermont (CCV)
- Check out the course schedule and choose a class that interests you.
- Connect with a CCV advisor to enroll in classes meeting at CCV. If the course you want is offered in your high school complete our online course request form (CCV login required, new applicants can request courses immediately after the application)