Get Your College Degree Faster & Your Career Started Sooner
With Fast Forward you can get college credit for courses you pass at your local Technical Center, and get a head start on your career.
Fast Forward is for Vermont students who have not yet graduated from high school and who are enrolled in a partner technical center program. Most courses are taught at the technical center by the technical center teacher, with classes scheduled during the regular school day. Students must meet enrollment requirements for specific courses. The Fast Forward program also offers free CCV online courses exclusively for technical center students to help you get closer to meeting your college and career goals before graduating from high school.
The credits earned in these courses are accepted by CCV toward degree requirements in program areas like Art & Design, Business, Early Childhood Education, Healthcare, Human Services, Information Technology, Manufacturing, and STEM Studies.
With Fast Forward, you get:
- Credits at both the technical center and CCV
- A college degree faster
- A feel for college during high school
- A big break on tuition: the cost is free for all technical center students
- To start your career sooner
Talk with your tech center teacher and counselor about Fast Forward options.
Sign Up & Get Going
If you are new to CCV, apply for admission. CCV’s admissions process is simple and free, and you can apply online. (You’ll need your social security number to complete the application form.) To sign up for a CCV dual enrollment course, contact your nearest CCV center.
Make an appointment to meet with your tech center teacher or counselor about courses offered in your technical center. Sign up to take free WorkKeys Assessments at your tech center. WorkKeys can give you a valuable industry recognized credential called the National Career Readiness Certificate. You can use this to boost your resume, and if you enroll at CCV, you can also be eligible for up to 6 college credits. Click to learn more!
To apply for a voucher for your free courses, including Dual Enrollment, Concurrent Enrollment, and Fast Forward, you need to create a student account on the Vermont Agency of Education Website. You’ll want to do this to get the free tuition. Go to: dualenrollment.vermont.gov/vtde. Once you create your account, which will be verified by your high school counselor, you can login and request vouchers for free courses.
Fast Forward Student Checklist
- Apply for admission to CCV (no essay required). You may apply at: apply.ccv.edu.
- Use your legal name to apply
- You will need your social security number
- A completed application is required prior to enrollment in any CCV course
- Request your vouchers to take courses for free from the Vermont Agency of Education website
- Take WorkKeys Assessments
- Talk with a CCV advisor to learn about how your courses will count towards a certificate, degree, or to help you meet your career goals
The Fine Print
- CCV uses a web portal to exchange information with students. Through the Portal, you can find important information about your application, enrollment status, grades, transcripts, and more. Once have applied online and completed the other steps listed above, you may log into the portal account to verify that your courses are listed. If not, you should contact your technical center teacher or school counselor right away to ensure you are properly enrolled and will receive college credit.
- If you need to drop a course you must call your local CCV advisor or email Tricia Temple at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need:
- Your name
- Your student ID
- Course number and title
- Daytime phone number
- Warning: If you don’t drop a course within the designated time period, your transcript will reflect your letter grade (A,B,C,D, or F) for the course.
- CCV courses are highly transferable. Please check with your college or university to see how Fast Forward credits will transfer in and help you meet your goals. Your college or university will almost certainly need an official CCV transcript – you can easily order that through your CCV student Portal.