Spend Your Senior Year at College
You know who you are, what you want, and what you’re capable of—you’re a high school senior ready to make the jump to college. Now you can participate in Early College, which allows you to take your senior year of high school at CCV. Do your entire senior year of high school at CCV and earn free college credits that also count as credits towards graduating from high school.
Sign Up & Get Going
If you are a rising Vermont high school senior, CCV’s Early College program allows you to spend your entire senior year at CCV earning college credits, finishing your high school diploma, and getting a jump on your college degree, tuition free! (Students are responsible for all textbook costs and applicable fees.) Students in this program enroll full-time at any of CCV’s 12 academic centers.
Here’s how to apply to the Early College program:
- If you have never attended CCV, apply for admission first. You do not need to complete this step if you are a current CCV dual enrollment student. Unsure? Contact Kim Barbour (firstname.lastname@example.org, 802-888-1383).
- Complete the free Accuplacer assessment at your nearest CCV location. Official SAT or ACT scores may be submitted for review instead.
- Gather and send the following application materials to Kim Barbour, Admissions Specialist, CCV-Morrisville, 197 Harrel Street, Suite 2, Morrisville, VT 05661 by the following deadlines: Priority – June 1; Final – August 1
- the Early College Application Packet,
- the Early College Assurance Form (included in your application packet) signed by your high school principal,
- the Early College Recommendation Form completed by a teacher or your school counselor (included with the application form),
- unopened official copies of all high school transcripts, and
- an essay using the following prompt: Entering the Early College program at CCV involves withdrawing from your high school and taking a full-time schedule of college courses. In an essay of no more than two pages, explain how you know you are ready for this challenge and how you plan to be successful if accepted into the program.
Soon after your completed application is received, you will be contacted regarding your status in the Early College program. If accepted, you will then work with your school counselor and a CCV advisor to enroll full-time in college courses.
Students must apply and be ready to enroll in full-time, college-level coursework. Contact Kim Barbour (email@example.com, 802-888-1383) for more information.
Early College Assurances Web Links
Curriculum Standards: http://catalog.ccv.edu
Faculty Standards: http://ccv.edu/learn-about-ccv/employment
Student Standards: http://ccv.edu/learn-about-ccv/policies-procedures/