Spend Your Senior Year at College
You know who you are, what you want, and what you’re capable of—you’re a high school senior ready to make the jump to college. Now you can participate in Early College, which allows you to take your senior year of high school at CCV. Do your entire senior year of high school at CCV and earn free college credits that also count as credits toward graduating from high school.
Sign Up & Get Going
If you are a rising Vermont high school senior, CCV’s Early College program allows you to spend your entire senior year at CCV earning college credits, finishing your high school diploma, and getting a jump on your college degree, tuition free! (Students are responsible for all textbook costs and applicable fees.) Students in this program enroll full-time at any of CCV’s 12 academic centers.
Here’s how to apply to the Early College program:
- Apply for admission (ccv.edu/applyEC) by the following deadlines: Priority – May 1; Final – August 1. This step must be completed by all Early College applicants, including current Dual Enrollment, Intro to College & Careers, and Fast Forward students. The Early College application includes the following checklist items:
- the Educator Recommendation form, completed by your school counselor, teacher, CCV advisor, or CCV faculty who has worked with you academically and can speak to your abilities (parents/guardians/family members may not complete this form)
- the Graduation Requirements form, completed by your high school counselor, or your parent/guardian/program supervisor if you are a home study student
- the Principal Assurance form, requested by the individual completing the Graduation Requirements form and completed by your high school principal, or your parent/guardian/program supervisor if you are a home study student
- official copies of all high school transcripts (submitted to CCV directly by your school), and
- an essay uploaded to your Application Status page after application submission, using the following prompt:
Entering the Early College program at CCV involves withdrawing from your high school and taking a full-time schedule of college courses. In an essay of one to two pages, explain how you know you are ready for this challenge and how you plan to be successful if accepted into the program.
- Complete the Accuplacer assessment (or submit official score reports for SAT, ACT, or PSAT assessments meeting college benchmarks)
Soon after your completed application is received, you will be contacted regarding your status in the Early College program. If accepted, you will then work with your school counselor and CCV advisor to enroll full-time in college courses.
Students must apply and be ready to enroll in full-time, college-level coursework. Contact Kim Barbour (email@example.com), 802-888-1383) for more information.
Early College Assurances Web Links
Curriculum Standards: http://catalog.ccv.edu
Faculty Standards: http://ccv.edu/learn-about-ccv/employment
Student Standards: http://ccv.edu/learn-about-ccv/policies-procedures/