Go to College at Your Technical Center
With Fast Forward you can get credit for college courses you pass at your local Technical Center. Fast Forward is for Vermont students attending a Technical Center who have not yet graduated from high school and who are enrolled in a partner technical center program. The courses are taught at the Technical Center, and classes are scheduled during the regular school day so there is no disruption to your high school routine. With Fast Forward, you get:
- Credits at both the Technical Center and CCV
- A college degree faster
- To start your career sooner
- The feel for college while still in high school
- A big break on tuition—the cost is only $100, and you may qualify for a funding grant to cover the cost of your first two courses.
Sign Up & Get Going
- Talk with your school counselor and tech center teacher about dual enrollment and Fast Forward options.
- Create a student account and then request your dual enrollment Fast Forward voucher (dualenrollment.vermont.gov/vtde). You’ll need this to get the free tuition.
- If you are new to CCV, apply for admission. CCV’s admissions process is simple and free, and you can apply online. (You’ll need your social security number to complete the application form.) You’ll be able to request your Fast Forward courses immediately after the application.
- Make an appointment for a free Accuplacer assessment. Contact your school counselor to take the assessment at your technical center. You are also welcome to take the assessments at your local CCV Academic Center —just call the CCV Academic Center most convenient for you to schedule an appointment.
- Returning students: Meet with your technical center teacher or school counselor and complete the online course request form (CCV login required).